Friday, February 6, 2009

Venerdi

I can't believe it's Friday! While on one hand it seems like I've been here forever, on the other it seems like the week went by pretty fast. I am hoping that Florence has gotten the rain out of its system for a while, because I'm pretty tired of it. And it's made me sick! Almost everyone has some form of a sinus/cold type deal.  Swell.  BUT...we're in Firenze.  'Nuff said.

I've decided I really, really like my Italian class.  The teachers are really nice, and all the students are too.  It's cool that they are all from different countries and continents--China, Australia, South Africa, Brazil etc.

La mia classe 

I'm going to post a few pictures here of the walk to the school-we go right past the Uffizi (which I haven't been to yet, but am pumped to do!) and walk through the Piazza delle Signoria.  It's a a nice, scenic walk and doesn't take to long...I think I may have it figured out for myself now :)

Piazza delle Signoria

Tomorrow (sabato) I am planning on going on a walking tour of the Duomo and Baptistery, seeing as when I tried to go earlier this week I got lost on the way to the school and missed it (sad day).  But I think I know my way now for sure.  But so that's the plan--Although, it depends on if I get a GOOD nap today.  I am so tired!  The art history class (which I'm not in) is in class/on a trip right now, so it's just me and a few other people in the apartments now (both of whom are asleep).  ANYWAY, that's the plan.  Sunday, I am going on a trip with the art history class to Ravenna, which I am excited about.  I think all the Elon students may be going, save a couple.  So, I'll post after this weekend to update on how things unfolded!

Ciao!

1 comment: