Monday, February 2, 2009

Classe!

So today was my first day of classes.  They went well!  At 9 I had to take a placement test with a few other people who had already taken some Italian classes.  I'm in a pseudo-beginner class with another girl, Rebecca, and one of the boys, Teddy. The class is different from the class everyone else is taking in that we will be moving faster and speaking in all (that's the plan...) Italian.  The teacher seems nice, but it is a long class!  From 9 to 12:30.  

After class, I went with a few people to try and find a general store.  It was kind of unsuccessful, but still--I'm in Florence! Any wandering is good wandering. It was rainy though, as it has been for the past two days.  Kinda blucky, but it will pass.  At 2:00 I had my other class, the GST with Dr. Ringelberg.  That was fun as well, a lot of the people from the trip are in that class.  After class I stayed to talk to Dr. Ringelberg about thesis stuff (eek) and then realized I had no idea how to get back to my apartment.  She took pity on me and walked me back, giving me a mini tour on the way.  I can't wait to hit up all the museums!  I'm not quite ready to start museum hopping yet though, I still need some time to just get settled into a routine of classes and being abroad.

Right now I am in my apartment updating this, and about to start doing homework, make some dinner (PB & J?  Yes please...economic and delicious), and then shower and hang out.  It's still rainy, so hopefully that will deter the partiers from being outside my apartment!

Since it has been raining the past few days, I haven't really taken any pictures. I'll try and get on that and post asap!  I applaud you if you've gotten this far...I kind of ramble :)

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget to look in your "Florence" guidebook. It will have stores! Love, mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you worked in "blucky" in a post. And definitely no museum hopping until you learn your way back to the apt. from all directions. I don't want you getting lost in Florence!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part where you get lost. It's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah well florence is small enough to where i should be able to struggle back to where i came from if i get lost. i just need to look for the duomo! it's in the center and everything kinda goes from there! of course...that is speaking for a normal person. we all know how directionally impaired i am...

    ReplyDelete