Thursday, March 5, 2009

Giovedi

So, this week has gone by semi-fast, semi-slow.  Monday we got our italian tests back (I did well, no worries!) and so on Tuesday our classes were switched up.  My new class is a few more Elon students, plus a few people from my old class.  I have one of the same teachers and one new one--which is sad, since I will miss Giuseppe! Enrico is very nice too, though.  Class is going well so far!

Tuesday I spent my first afternoon in the Uffizi! It was fantastic.  I just kind of wandered, acclimating myself to the things that were going on in there.  There was a suprise around every corner--example...I walk into a new room and BAM--Birth of Venus.  Love it!  That reminds me, I started a research blog that is attached to this--check out my profile and head there if you're interested.  Although, I'm sure this one will be more fun to read for most of you! :)

So here I am today, getting ready for another art history trip tomorrow (Arezzo and then some) and then ROME!  This is the first trip that I've gone on that has been planned and executed just by us, not affiliated with the school.  Wish us luck!  We are staying in a hostel near Vatican city, and we have a tour on Saturday at the Vatican and two day tickets for the Colosseum and Roman Forum.  I am really excited, especially since last time I was in Rome I didn't get to go into the Colosseum or see the inside of the Vatican! Definitely looking forward to it.  

So, that's it for now, but expect a post on (hopefully) Monday or Tuesday with an update from the weekend!  Ciao, a presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment